Wednesday, 20 May 2015

Wishlust Wednesday - Dollbabies and Junebugs

It took all of my self control not to make this entire entry dedicated to the items in the Coming Soon Section of Pinup Girl Clothing . Wishlust Wednesdays are supposed to be about spicing it up and exploring all options of the retro net, right? BUT THERE ARE SO MANY GOODIES TO LUST AFTER ON PINUP GIRL! Stop that, PUG. Right now. You're killing my marriage with my constant pestering of my husband to buy more of your stuffs.

Having said that, it's all too easy to scour my pinterest board dedicated to my "wants" and find things I am craving for my wardrobe. Whenever I need a little clothing and beauty order inspiration, I go there. It helps me keep track of what I am wanting and how long I've wanted it.


A - The Duchess Charm Ring by Wheels and Dollbaby - I am a huge Wheels and Dollbaby fan. Their prints are iconic, their Dita cardigan is to die for, and their outfit pairings are always inspirational. This ring is on my lust list right now because of the charm! I love anything with charms, and half of my jewelery collection is charm bracelets and necklaces. I've yet to own a charm ring, however, and can't wait to grab this one.

B - Sgt. Dollbaby Cardigan - This cardigan is what all my childhood fantasies are made of. I legitimately remember watching my daddy put on his uniform and comparing it with Zenia Onatopp from James Bond - Goldeneye and thinking how badly I wanted a femme fatale uniform one day. This is it. Paired with deep red lips and anything from jeans to leather jeggings, it would be amazing. Ah-may-zing.



C - Charlotte Dress in Navy Gingham by Lindybop - As shown in my previous post, I love shirt dresses! They give you instant Stepford Wife status and I love it. I would pair this dress with a sexy white cami underneath and leave the dress halfway unbuttoned. Again, I don't like everything to be conservative! I have yet to own anything from Lindybop and plan on making a purchase soon to test them out.

D - Dorothy Dress in Black with Cream Trim - Peter Pan collars aren't normally my thing. I have always felt prettiest in lower necklines. However, since purchasing the Estelle Top by Heart of Haute, I think I am a high neck convert. I do think I would get this dress shortened so I have a little leg showing. I am a big believer in showing a little of one asset per outfit, and since the bust, back, arms and leg are all conservative, I would probably opt for a little leg. This dress is part of the collection inspired by the gorgeous girls at Junebugs and Georgia Peaches . If you are somehow reading my blog and haven't read theirs, then bless you because you have made my day and made me feel semi famous. Most likely though, you are well aware of Katie and Amanda!

E - Little Jun Skirt by Pinup Couture - I have been looking for a pink swing skirt for months now. Whilst I have come across a few that I've wanted, I worried about the quality of the brands the skirts were by. Because this is by Pinup Girl Clothing, I know the quality will be second to none. I love the pleating detail and the pale pink color, and have so many outfits planned for it. As this is to be released in June-July, I can only pray to the pinup godesses that it will come out earlier in its collection release rather than later.

How would you style the Sgt. Dollbaby Cardigan? xo, Miss Betty Doll



Share:

2 comments

  1. I think the Dollbaby Sgt cardigan would be great with skinny jeans or a pencil skirt! I saw the Little Jun skirts, super sweet--would be lovely additions to any pinup's (or any lady wanting a classy skirt) wardrobe. The whole Junebugs and Georgia Peaches collection are adorable, my favorite pieces are the Junebugs dress in birdcage print or squirrel print and the Sabrina dresses look perfect for casual or work, keeping it modest and classy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pug's newest creations are slaying me, too! I really, really hope that the couple of online Canadian retailers who bring in some of their offerings stock up on them. Between exchange rates, delivery fees, import and brokerage charges (PUG ships via courier to Canada), I can't usually afford to shop their actual US site, but I do love their offerings to bits (like so many of us vintage gals!).

    I hope some of the great items in your wishlist are able to land in your closet, my dear.

    Have a fabulous weekend,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig