Wednesday, 24 June 2015

Pleasant in Peasant

See what I did there with the title? I know, I know, so clever. Ha.

So this is part 2 of my review series from the photoshoot I did with the beautiful and talented Brook Orchard Photography. Peasant Tops by Pinup Girl Clothing are one of my favorite tops right now. Even though it's winter here in Australia, I find myself wearing them with winter coats on warmer winter days simply because they complete my outfits so well. 

Peasant tops weren't something I originally associated with the pinup look, as mainstream media tends to credit it more towards the 60s and 70s hippie era. However, there are several patterns similar to the PUG peasant blouse through the 30s, 40s and 50s. 



Now then, onto the photos!


The fabric of these is similar to the Vamp Tops by Deadly Dames, however I find it thinner than the Vamp Tops. It's a lovely stretch cotton sateen that has enough give for comfort of wear whilst still holding its shape. It comes in several colors, from royal blue to chartreuse. A fan favourite is pairing it with the Jenny Skirts by PUG, myself included.

The shoulders can be worn on or off the shoulder. On the shoulder provides an almost princess sleeve pouf, whilst off the shoulder creates a romantic and sexy look. The off-shoulder version indulges my every princess and peasant girl fantasy. I remember seeing several cartoon characters with similar blouses growing up and thinking "I will totally dress like that when I'm grown up". And now, thanks to PUG, I can!




Regarding fit, I wear my typical PUG size small. I am 36-25-36 and the measurements of the top are Bust 36-37 and Waist 26-27.5 . I get a bulge in the zipper around my mid back area where my waist is smallest, and I think this is due to the size difference between my waist and the size of the top. As you can see below, this isn't shown when worn with a skirt, so this is the only way I wear these tops. A few girls have the same issue as me, however most are able to wear it with pants as displayed on the models of the PUG website. It doesn't bother me that I can't wear it with pants without the zipper buldge showing, as it gives me a chance to explore more top options and expand my wardrobe. However, if you are an extreme hourglass shape and want to wear these with anything and everything, you may need to get them altered.


I love my hair's ability to sense a photoshoot coming and commit suicide. Look at it. Never works with me on photoshoot days. *sigh*


Overall I love these tops and may one day alter them to fit my waist properly, but for now they are my pinup staples that make their way into half of my outfits.

How do you wear peasant tops? Have you ever gotten a buldge in the zippers of your favorite tops? How did you fix it? - xo, Miss Betty Doll


Share:

2 comments

  1. Thoroughly gorgeous photos and outfit. The one where you're laying on the dark green grass is especially dazzling.

    Sooo true about one's hair and big shoots.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But yours always looks so fabulous darling!

      Thank you. This photographer is an expert at laying down shots :)

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig