Sunday, 12 July 2015

Matching Outfits - Yellow with Red Roses

I've never been a yellow kind of girl. I've got a cool skin tone and always found that yellow washes me out. It just doesn't inspire me. Or at least, it didn't used to. This Bernie Dexter Dress has made me a total convert. 

This is one of those dresses where no photo does it justice. The print pops and grabs the attention of every single passerby you encounter whilst out and about. 



Little Miss Selene and I wore these outfits whilst out shopping. Melbourne has so many unique and fun things to do, but my favourite way to stay sane as a mother is just visit local malls with girlfriends, grab some lunch and whatever needs buying, and wander on home. On weekends we get more adventurous, but weekdays tend to be the same routine that I have come to love. I lived in a very small town in Texas for a large chunk of my childhood, and I think I've subciounsciously created the same lifestyle even in a big city. We visit the same people at the same places once a week or so. Those people know us by name and we get to chat whenever I come in store. It's my happy place :)


 Deep conversations about how delicious her biscuit is

 aaaand done with the photo session apparently <3

Dress - Pumpkin Patch, old stock
Shoes - Target, old stock

Bolero - Ebay
Shoes -  TUK Bow Heels (red out of stock, Red Polka Dot and several others available)




Do you ever wear yellow? What's your favourite yellow dress? xo, Miss Betty Doll
Share:

2 comments

  1. Gloriously pretty outfit! I'm with you there big time regarding yellow. I shied away from it for most of my life, memories of horrible neon yellow school gym class tee shirts from grade school always lingering in my mind, but as my 20s wore on, I came to discover that I could pull off some shades, so long as they were on the very light or very dark side of the yellow spectrum, with mustard yellow being the most flattering for my pale skin and its pink undertones.

    This shade looks marvelous on you and is made all the more radiant by the lush, alluring red you partnered it with.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have such a way with words, lovely! Thank you <3

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig