Monday, 6 July 2015

Red and Pink and Oh So Sweet that - Matching Mother Daughter Outfits

I have lots of exciting blog posts coming up. My main squeeze - Tina Ramos Photography - and I have endless shoots planned for product reviews, Le Bomb Shop and I are collaborating on a blog post for the dress they were so kind to name after me and it's my birthday! I'll have lots of outfits and events to share, and I think I may do it all in one post next week once all the festivities are over.

In the mean time, I wanted to share what is currently at the absolute top of my favourite outfits list - the Mary Blair Umbrella Print Skirt from Pinup Girl Clothing and a custom pink dress from Pigtails and Pirates. I paired both pieces with red (cardi for Selene and PUG Peasant Top for myself) and we felt like Valentine's Day treats even in the peak of Melbourne's winter. There are so many gorgeous ways to add glamour to a winter pinup wardrobe through things like faux fur coats and three quarter sleeve collared dresses, but I was so excited when I received this skirt that I just had to pair it with a red peasant top to let it gleam in its fullest potential. Selene and I both wore leather jackets to brace us against the winter chill.



This particular day was the first weekend day off I had had in a very long time in which we had the whole day to do whatever we pleased. Selene, my husband and brother in law all made a trip to Costco for American goodies and then had the most amazing burgers in Melbourne - Burger Monster. Now, I can't speak for the meat as I am a vegetarian (though from the grease dripping from the boys' burgers it certainly looked delicious) but I can tell you that their mushroom burgers are out of this world. Deepfried and oh so yum! We then went to San Churro for a chocolate overload and then the boys and I went to see Jurassic World. It was an amazing day. I love family time and treasure it above all else. 



So now that we have established that I have the food and movie tastes of a 12 year old, onto more outfit photos!




This skirt really is so vibrant. It looks duller on the website's model photos, but in real life it is like a cross between salmon and bubblegum. It's so bright and cheery that a woman ran up to me during our outting to smooth the back of my skirt because "it was just to beautiful to not have perfect". So, yes, this skirt will earn you all the attention, but it's all good attention, I promise.

If you haven't already got your hands on this little gem, I suggest you keep an eye out on Ebay and Pinup Girl Clothing Swap and Sell pages on Facebook. It really is stunning and is one of those items that makes you wait by your door for the mailman to arrive and bring it to you. I kind of scared mine when it arrived, both by squealing incessantly and praising him for how quickly he got it to me before ever so politely ripping it out of his hands and running back into the house. Poor guy.

I also can't recommend Pigtails and Pirates enough for custom clothing orders. This was my first with them and I was so happy with it. I needed a plain pink dress for Selene to help match some of the pink in my closet. Laura Jones of Pigtails and Pirates is the sweetest lil lady ever and is always willing to help make your wardrobe dreams come true!



Shoes - TUK Bow Heels (red out of stock, Red Polka Dot and several others available)


                       

Shoes - Target Mary Janes, old stock
Bow - Ebay, old stock

What is your favourite thing to do on your days off? What have you risked wearing in Winter in the name of fashion? xo, Miss Betty Doll

Share:

3 comments

  1. On my usual days off, there are the chores that don't get finished during the week that must get done, but I do love spending time with family and friends. On weekends without plans, or random (previously planned) days off, I like pampering if possible (full body massage if it is in the budget, a mani-pedi, or have my hair cut. If not, then a masque for face or hair at home, soak in the tub), going shopping (sometimes it is only window shopping), meet with a friend for lunch, go to the movies by myself or lounging at home in the pajamas. Nothing too adventurous ;-)

    It isn't in my nature to sacrifice warmth or comfort in the winter...I'm a warm weather girl, if it drops below 60°F during the day, I'm not a happy camper! LOL So, I mostly dress up when it is warmer out, but luckily for me, cold weather season is pretty short.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly how I love to spend my days when I can, Connie. You sound like my kind of woman! ;)

      Delete
  2. Splendidly pretty outfits! That is one of the best MB prints to date. I have zero qualms admitting it's on my wishlist, big time! :)


    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig