Saturday, 15 August 2015

Doll Me Up Cardigans

My winter wardrobe is severly lacking. Originally coming from Arizona and Texas, USA, the weather here in Melbourne is far too chilly and leaves me in constant denial of winter styles. Sundresses are my favourite and make me feel alive.

However, I went on a mission this winter to find cardigans to help complete my wardrobe and allow me to stay warmer in chilly seasons. I remembered seeing a gorgeous rainbow of such cardigans somewhere, but couldn't remember where. I discussed them with a girlfriend and spent days searching the net and wracking my brain till I stumbled upon the website again - enter Doll Me Up!

Originating in El Paso, Texas, where I spent my formative teen years, this little online store has everything a pinup girl could want. My favourite section has to be their cardigans though. Most of them are V neck, which I love. Cardigans can have a nanny vibe (and hey, nanny knew how to dress, otherwise we wouldn't be rocking what we do, no?) that I'm not a big fan of. V neck cardigans remove this association, allowing for the top of your dress or blouse to peak through as well as a little cleavage if need be.  There are several stores with vast cardigan selections, but Doll Me Up is definitely my top pick.

Here I am wearing the Tootsie Cardigan in Opal,  which matches so perfectly with my Pinup Girl Clothing Baton Rouge Floral Vamp Top it kills me. I also have lavender but hope to add many more to my growing collection.









These are super light weight and stretchy, so using them as a winter cardigan may not be the best option. Still, they will cover those arms and help you from looking like a fruit loop like I often do when I wear short sleeves on freezing days. I wear my standard size small.

Best of all they come in several colorways. I don't know about you, but to me there is nothing worse than finding the best dress/top/skirt/cardigan only to find it doesn't come in the color of your desire.

Most of their items go from size Small to "Lovely", however they are currently working on getting "Extra Lovely" sizes up to size 4x. Besides the above mentioned items, they also carry some of our beloved brands such as Bernie Dexter, Deer Arrow and Erstwilder. They also have some of the cutest aprons ever and a collection of sheer nylon headscarves. Phew! Talk about a one stop shop of fabulousness!
(moment of silence in honor of the hotness that is the above Cortney Maylee)





LASTLY, they have free US shipping and fast, cheap international shipping. And good customer service.

Am I missing anything? Are you ready to shop there yet? On your marks... get set... go!
Share:

2 comments

  1. Isn't it amazing how small the world is sometimes? (That Doll Me Up would be from somewhere that you had previously lived, in this instance, I mean.)

    This cheerful turquoise hue looks gorgeous on you! I love that colour so much and have been living in it this summer.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mint would be just divine on your pretty pale skin! Match made in heaven <3

      xo Miss Betty Doll

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig