Monday, 3 August 2015

Matching Mother Daughter Outfits - Pow Pow! in Pigtails and Pirates

Getting photos of these beautiful dresses from Pigtails and Pirates has been exceptionally difficult. Sourcing a photographer and then dealing with rescheduling due to Melbourne's finicky weather made this a lengthy process, but finally it is done!!

Tina Ramos Photography and I went up to Harbourtown near Costco to see what we could use as a backdrop. I chose this location because of the colorful artwork and cityscape in the distance, but we weren't sure exactly how it would pan out.

It turned out to be a fantastic setting, as the colors of our surroundings matched our dresses so well!


 
 



I purchased these dresses from Pigtails and Pirates a few months ago, in preperation for Comic Con. I originally wanted to cosplay as a family (Sailor Moon and Chibi Moon, anyone?) but couldn't find anything in Selene's size. Then I thought of Pigtails and Pirates and new some of their nerdtastic fabrics would be a perfect alternative.

I got our outfits for Mother's Day from Pigtails and Pirates as well, so had no hesitation when ordering from them again.





The customer service is second to none. Each time I have come to the lovely ladies there with one of my silly requests (the last one was an all pink dress for Selene because I couldn't find one in the shops), I have been completely catered to. Creator Laura Jones is always a pleasure to work with. She's also seriously good looking. Like, drop dead gorgeous. Just sayin'.


The bodice of this style dress comes fully lined. The fabric is light weight, making it ideal for summery weather. I layer it in winter because, really, what pinup gives up her summertime dresses just for 40 degree Celsius weather?

I ordered a size 8/small and the fit is perfect everywhere. I'd wager even bustier ladies can fit into their standard sizing, however custom orders are Laura's specialty!

Selene's is a toddler's size 2 and fits her perfectly as well. She is 18 months. The v neck style that I ordered is quite low, so be sure to pop a shirt underneath as pictured for colder weather!

I saved for months to get my first couple of dresses from Pigtails and Pirates, and their customer service and variety of beautiful fabrics will always keep me coming back for more.

xo, Miss Betty Doll
Share:

2 comments

  1. Epicly adorable!!! I have a couple of P&P's offerings and wear there frequently, especially the dress (the other is a cute skirt). They're just such fun, whimsical pieces that are like the fashion equivalent of a cheerful smile.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get a skirt from them! It's on my clothing to do list hehe. Their fabrics are divine.

      xo Miss Betty Doll

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig