Monday, 9 November 2015

Maternity Pinup Style - Boohoo Dresses

Last pregnancy I barely bought anything for myself, and felt so depressed about my lack of wardrobe towards the end that I'd have to rampage my closet like a teen girl going on her first date before I found anything mildly pleasing to wear. The few purchases I did make were from boohoo.com, and I was so grateful for them.

As aforementioned, most pinup reproduction clothing is all about the boning, the structure, the heavy, high quality fabrics, etc. But none of this will do for a growing bump, and the less expensive brands suddenly become a godsend. Boohoo is one of those brands that, whilst not at all "retro", has several simpler styles that can be easily incorporated into a pinup wardrobe.

Their skater dresses are at the top of my list for cheap, pretty dresses that will fit a baby body without compromising your unique style. I've put together several that I've either owned myself or know will work due to the fabric makeup of the item.




Stuck on what to wear for a special occasion? This works perfectly because of the stretch fabric and the long length. Simple hoist the waist above your bump as it grows and this easily turns into a maternity dress. The combination of length and stretch means the dress will have minimal lift in the front. Pair it with a hair flower, red lips and bow-toed heels.






I own this in a pale, Cinderella blue and know for sure that it will carry me through pregnancy. It is ultra-stretchy, but the knit is heavier so it feels high quality. The detail in the bodice adds to its charm and it can be worn both with flats or heels.



It's like they wanted this one to be maternity, they just didn't know it. Anything with an empire waistline, maternity, stretchy, or otherwise, will work for pregnancy. If every item in my wardrobe had a higher waistline, it could all accomodate a bump (besides non-stretch pencil skirted items, of course). Because the waistline is nice and high, you can even wear a belt with it above your bump. This works for winter bellies too, as the darker color would pair well with a black or cream cardigan.


If this post ends up too outdated by the time a pregnant pinup in need goes to read it, I suggest scouring Boohoo.com anyway, as they have a neverending supply of a-line dresses with the stretch we so crave.

Do you ever shop at boohoo or similar sites? What are your favourite inexpensive shopping destinations for retro basics? xo, Miss Betty Doll

Share:

1 comment

  1. So pretty! I especially like the floral print dress at the end. The hits of grey in the blooms is really elegant and memorable.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig