Friday, 29 April 2016

Hell Bunny Orlando Dress Review

I realise this review is pretty out of date, given how long ago this dress came out. However, it's one of my favourite dresses and has served me so well the past few summers, I had to give it a shout out.

The Orlando Dress by Hell Bunny is guaranteed to make you feel like a cupcake. But a sexy cupcake. It's a thing, I promise.

After I had my first daughter, I found myself reaching for this pretty little dress time and time again in the early days when I was so sleep deprived, anything but minimal hair and makeup was achievable. This dress made me feel genuinely pretty, even at a time when I was too enraptured with my child to care much about beauty.



White broidarie anglaise trim lines the hem, bust, straps, and bow detail of the dress. A sweet bow adds the right amount of detail to make it a stand out item, but the shorter hemline and light stretch cotton fabric make it a grab it and go kind of dress.




 The back is smocked, so whilst there is a side zipper, it is super comfortable once on.

There is light padding in the bust, which, by the way, is accessible via little pockets behind the bust of the dress. This means that if you accidentally dry it and the padded cups go a little askew, you can reach in there and smooth them out. This is a lifesaver if you are like me and forever accidentally drying things that need not be dried.


As you can see, it does wrinkle a little after a day's wear. Given that it's a dress I always throw on for errands etc, it doesn't bother me.


With regards to quality, as aforementioned, this dress has lasted me several summers now with no signs of wear or tear. For such an inexpensive brand, I've always been impressed with Hell Bunny's quality. On super hot summer days, I find myself reaching for the light and airy dresses like this anyway, as more expensive brands tend to use heavier fabrics.

For size reference, my measurements are currently 37-27-37 (baby weight is not budging yet) and I am wearing a size small. Normally I am 35-25-35 and the small fit perfectly then with a tiny bit of room to spare. Now it is a little snug, but still comfortable. 


This dress is a little hard to find now as it is from a few seasons ago. After a quick Ebay browse I was able to find it from a few sellers, and there is a striped blue version available in all sizes at Jack of London (which I really want for next summer!). 

Thanks for reading! Until next time.. xo, Miss Betty Doll.

Share:

2 comments

  1. So sweetly darling! You're not only pretty in pink, you're a downright vision!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig