Thursday, 19 May 2016

Moth Print Jenny Review

The Jenny Skirt is basically Pinup Girl Clothing's most well known design. It doesn't need a review. It's just amazing. Go buy all the Jennys, seriously. End of story.

However, I was so excited when they came out with some of their latest prints that I just had to do a photoshoot. It's Autumn here in Australia. Colder months can be a bit awkward for retro lovers like me who's entire closet is basically floral print. But with the release of the Moth Print Jenny (and the Leaves Jenny ) I feel like my closet is officially winter ready!


The fabric is stunning. It's covered in a cool tone rainbow of death head moths, giving it the darker flair that I was looking for. The background color is a deep, rich purple that compliments a myriad of peasant top colors, but I went with a simple black.

This one is a little tighter than the old run of Jenny skirts, and just fits my currently 27" waist (which is finally shrinking by the way! Weight loss ahoy, whoo!). Be careful you don't order too small or the waistband will fold over. This has happened to me in the past when I didn't pay attention to the size chart. If you do happen to get one on the tighter side, adding a wide belt like I did here will eliminate the tight appearance.

It also has pockets, which does nothing for a mother like me who has to carry around enough diapers for two little humans, plus drinks and snacks etc (I won't be going purse-less any time soon basically) but I know is super exciting for everyone else on the planet! Toss a credit card in one side, a lipstick in the other and go!



This shoot was super efficient, as it was done with my littlest princess in tow. Tina Ramos is the most patient woman I know, and was very chill whilst I stopped twice to feed Aurora. She has the best system, wherein she will let me pop out a few poses and then tell me to hold for two shots when she sees one that really works. It gets things done quickly and gives me consistent feedback at the same time. So, if you are new to the modelling scene or simply want some family photos, be sure to hit her up here .
 

Thanks for reading! xo, Miss Betty Doll
Share:

2 comments

  1. Isn't it (stunning) though? What a rich, majestic and downright alluring colour palette and print (that looks wonderful on, may I add). I'm drawn - if you'll permit the pun - to it like a moth to a flame.

    Many hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! I love a good pun, made all the better when it comes from you <3

      xo Miss Betty Doll

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig