Tuesday, 14 June 2016

Unique Vintage Leopard Maxi Dress

There have been times when I have wanted to stray from my comfort zone of circle skirts and 50's silhouettes, and the first thing I did was consult google for images of Dita von Teese in anything similar, as a way of comforting myself that if she wore something like it, then I could too. Your style should be about what makes you comfortable, but as a newbie pinup, sometimes I lacked the confidence to just make decisions for myself.

This was absolutely not one of those times. The second I saw this Leopard Print Maxi from Unique Vintage, I knew I had to have it, and I didn't give a damn if it was keeping with the retro style I loved or not. It was leopard print and sexy, and therefore it had to be mine. Plus, at only $78 USD, it cost half of what most of my dresses do.



The first time I wore it, I did so with a quick bun and ran out the door. There was something liberating about not fussing about with a petticoat or non-stretch skirt and top. No zippers, no shimmying no shapewear even! The dress itself is so glamorous and effortless that very little was required on my part to complete the look.



The next time I wore it, it was with second day, brushed out hair. My husband, who hadn't actually seen me in the dress yet, got all kinds of excited. It's not often he sees me in anything form-fitting or different from my usual dress sense, and he has declared that this is his absolute favourite dress of mine. Get one for yourself and you will see why!

I am wearing a size small, and it fits me perfectly. The material is super stretchy (thus the ease of wear) so you can easily order your own size or size down if it happens to be out of stock. It only comes in sizes small, medium, and large, but I would say XL or 2XL ladies could easily fit into a size L, and any of you XS ladies could get away with a size small.



The dress flows away from the tummy at just the right area to not need shapewear, and we all know that wrap dresses are universally flattering anyway.

This isn't actually the first time I've worn a dress like this - I reviewed this one in red last year. I like this one even more though, as the print adds the right amount o glam and attitude, and also hides any "imperfections" ( are muffin tops really imperfections, or just a beautiful thing that happens after too many cupcakes?).

It is a little on the long side, and I have worn comfortable wedges with it each time I have worn it. If you want it for a super casual style, I would say get it hemmed if you are 5'6" or below. Otherwise, it works wonderfully with wedges and heels.  


Also, for you fellow mamas out there - it is super breast-feeding and maternity friendly! If I have more kiddos I will definitely be rocking this dress often. As it is now, I have to stop myself from wearing it ever day.

So, if the above hasn't sold you on this dress, let me wrap this up by saying it is absolutely amazing and needs to be on your body asap. Order it - you won't regret it.
Share:

6 comments

  1. Ravishing, utterly and completely ravishing look. This dress sizzles and shines, is beyond chic, and looks like it was custom made for you. Serious wows!!! :)

    xoxo ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and your eloquence always charm the pants off of me, Miss Jessica ♡♡♡

      Xo Miss Betty Doll

      Delete
  2. Hi, I just wanted to say that I think you, your blog and your insta are truly amazing. For a while I've been obsessed with pinup and had a distinct vision for what I wanted my future to be. I couldn't put it into words, but when I found your blog I realised that this is exactly the lifestyle I aspire to have. I'm slowly starting to build a new, beautiful life up around me and creating the life of my dreams (I'm sure it will be a long journey, most likely years, but whenever I get discouraged your blog is the perfect source of inspiration. I just wanted to let you know that you are such an inspiration for me personally and I pray that when I grow up I can have a life (and wardrobe and family) like yours and I want to truly thank you so much for sharing your outfits and ideas on this blog because it's such an encouragement to new pinups like myself
    Thank you,
    Connie Kitten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi beautiful!

      It's hard to put into words how much this meant to me, but suffice it to say I am so honored by what you said!

      I am sure that the partner, kiddos, and wardrobe of your dreams will be yours because you want it. When we want things, we work hard to make them happen and I can tell you are already doing so!

      Thank you for reading my blog, and let me know if there are any topics you would like to see a post on :)

      Xo Miss Betty Doll

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for your words! Truly inspirational!
      Ooooh if you could do a post on either how you do your makeup or hairstyles that would be amazing
      And of course more posts of amazing outfits just like you're doing now because they're such a delight to read and have given me so many ideas of shops to buy from
      Thank you absolutely so much for your inspirational message,
      Connie

      Delete
    3. I will definitely do a post on day to day makeup. I don't spend nearly as much time on my hair as the likes of some of the more dedicated retro enthusiasts, but I know some girls are like me and just want something simple that works! Happy to post about it soon :)

      xo, Miss Betty Doll

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig