Saturday, 27 August 2016

Mother Daughter Matching Outfits - Disney Bounding

Whilst Aurora has been to several movies with Mr Betty Doll and myself, this was only for "date nights" and she slept soundly throughout. Today, however, was special because it was Selene's first movie ever, and Aurora's first kid movie. Finding Dory was a perfect choice because it's such a colorful movie, and so full of cute creatures that even a fidgety toddler can sit through it.

For the movie, the girls and I dressed up. No shocker there, as we dress up every day. But today I went with a mermaid theme in honor of the sea-inspired movie we saw. And it got me thinking about all the times I have either Disney-bounded or worn Disney character outfits with Selene and Aurora, and how much fun I have doing it. So I thought I would share a few tips and outfit inspiration for disney-bounding with your little ones!

The Little Mermaid

I bought the bodysuit that Aurora is wearing for Selene when she was a baby. I had it shipped from the US because I was so desperate to have it, but have since found several similar Little Mermaid outfits from Big W and K Mart here in Australia. I have loved Little Mermaid outfits with the Mermaid Lydia Dress by Pinup Girl Clothing. It seems to be phasing out but there is still the Mexican Mermaid Skirt!




 


Another option is pairing a lavender top with a green skirt, like the Vamp Top in Lavender by Pinup Girl Clothing


Unique Vintage currently has a Disney-Bounding collection, and this Green Swing Skirt is perfect for The Little Mermaid!


And for accessories, Lila Jo has the prettiest mermaid-inspired pieces



Cinderella

We have done this combo several times now - a Cinderella bodysuit from Disney Baby with the Castle Skirt by Pinup Couture . Selene grew out of bodysuits over a year ago, but I've been able to consistently find Cinderella dresses from Big W as she has grown! Ebay is also a great option.


And this choker from Unique Vintage pairs perfectly with it!





Minnie Mouse

Babies R Us often has full Minnie Mouse inspired outfits, but if there aren't any near you, big discount department stores like Big W in Australia, Wal-Mart in the US, and K Mart often stock Disney Baby brand clothing.



Le Bomb Shop stocks several polka dot dresses that work well for Minnie Mouse outfits, like the Soubrette Brunette Dress.




And there's this dress from Lindy Bop which I review here



Snow White
I have yet to do a Snow White matching day, but now I can't wait to!



 This Disney Baby romper is floating around on Ebay and has been for years. Aurora has a similar outfit from a couple of years ago.
 
 And for Selene, ebay wins again. I found this pretty recently, but again, I've found many Snow White dresses in department stores.  

These would pair well with:



Or this dress by Le Bomb Shop


With this blue cardigan 









and finished off with red accessories like headbands or roses from Lila Jo


This has been such a fun post to put together. I was alone in my Disney obsession for a long time, only to enter the retro world almost a decade ago and find that it was full of Disney addicts. Dressing up with my little ones is a big part of our lives, and doing it with Disny characters is even more exciting.

Thanks for reading! 

xo, Miss Betty Doll 
Share:

2 comments

  1. A roaring round of applause for this fantastic - and very fun - post, sweet dear. It's so heartwarming the Selene is heading to her first movie. Aww! I can't definitely remember the first that I saw in a theater, but I'm really thinking it could have been a Disney film. I'm curious now and will definitely ask my mom if she remembers.

    Big hugs & happy weekend wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine was the Lion King, but I also remember going on a father-daughter date and dragging my dad to see The Little Mermaid rerun at the dollar theater!

      And thank you darling! I had fun writing it <3

      xo Miss Betty Doll

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig