Wednesday, 4 January 2017

Lindy Bop Corinna Review

Happy New Year all! I hope everyone had a lovely break over the holidays. We had a beautiful new year, with a garden stroll, rides and fun for the kiddos at the local park, and then my husband and I ended the night with lots of champagne and quality time together. Hopefully we set the pace for what this new year has in store.

I'd like to start off by saying I like Lindy Bop. They offer many unique designs, comfortable options, and ridiculously affordable prices. I've been a customer since last year and I have loved most purchases.

The Corrina Dress is one such purchase - to a degree.








First off, the design is completely adorable. The lace-topped pockets (which are deep enough to fit my large smart phone), the gingham print and the pretty buttons make this dress one that I keep reaching for.

There is smocking along the back of the dress to make it a more comfortable fit, and the rest of the dress is non- to minimal stretch. The straps are thick and comfortable.

The fabric is fairly light weight, in a way that is ideal for summer and does not feel cheap. I find myself reaching for dresses from places like Le Bomb Shop and Lindy Bop often during hot weather, because the lightweight fabrics and stretchy materials that they tend to make their clothing from just feels better in summer than more expensive brands.

I did not wear a petticoat for these photos so that you could see the level of puff - and there's a decent amount of it. I have year to wear this with a petticoat and feel that it holds its own without one.

After all of those positives, we come to the one negative of the dress - the bust. I wear a size D, but I have a small-ish frame, so my D is not as full as other size D's may be. In any case, I barely fit in the bust of this dress. At first I thought that it was my bra, so I tried wearing a thinner one - to no avail. I can barely do up the buttons, and when I can, I find that they pop loose during the day (you can actually see that this happened during the shoot haha!). This is not at all ideal when toting a baby on your hips, let me tell you. The fabric is just thin enough that you can't quite go braless, even though I feel it is supportive enough to do so. The only option that I have found is wearing nipple covers, and it does work and helps quite a bit. However, if you are bigger busted than myself, I would suggest either sizing up or perhaps giving this one a miss. I am 36-26-36 and am wearing a size 8 UK.

If you are my size or smaller, this should work for you. It's a gorgeous dress than whispers of picnics and summer breezes, and a worthwhile purchase if it works for you! It comes in several colours, and all but the yellow is currently on sale! Get yours here.

Thank you so much for reading.

xo, Miss Betty Doll
Share:

2 comments

  1. You look amazing! Thanks for the honest review! I just tried out Lindy Bop for the first time last month and I liked them! I can't decide if they'll become a new favorite or not yet, but I loved reading another woman's opinion as I'm still figuring out how I feel! Glad you had a great start to 2017 and I hope it sets the tone for you too! XO
    Lauren-Blair
    www.gracerock-kellyroll.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always enjoy your dress reviews :) great photos. do you think it would be possible to sew the front shut and shimmy into it with the back shirring? I have been umming and ahhing about this dress for ages and the boob buttons are a concern for me too!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig