Wednesday, 22 March 2017

Rose Wide Leg Pants by Bonsai Kitten Review

I stopped using creative titles last year, and with University back in full swing, I am so glad that I did. I just don't have the mental capacity to thank about titles!

I do have the capacity, however, to tell you all about these super cute pants by Bonsai Kitten. This is from the same brand that brings us the gorgeous, oh-so-comfortable Pussybow Tops, as reviewed here. The gorgeous Rhea, founder of Bonsai Kitten, contacted me earlier in the year and asked if I would like to choose an item to honestly review. Of course, my answer was yes!

Wide leg trousers are increasing in popularity in the retro community. It's funny how such a timeless fashion can bring about trends in and of itself. I haven't been the biggest fan of wide leg pants, as it is rare I wear pants at all. I suppose this is why I chose this item in particular - I knew I would have no choice but to give my honest thoughts about it!

The fabric has a decent amount of stretch to it. It is very comfortable without being clingy, and there is ample room in the rise of the pants to make it comfortably high-waisted without, well, digging anywhere you don't want it digging in.

Despite the  gorgeous floral pattern, which will obviously grab lots of attention, these are actually a good pair of trousers to test out wide-leg pants with if you are nervous about trying something new. They are wide without taking over your form, and are less flowy than other retro reproduction pants on the market at the moment. If you are nervous about taking the plunge with wide-leg pants, these may be the way to go to ease you into it - and to help you figure out if you like them or not!

I am wearing a size 8UK/AU. I have recently lost a little weight, so my current measurements are 35-24-35. The pants are a tiny bit loose in the waist, but the equal parts of stiffness and stretch in the material means that this isn't obvious or uncomfortable in any way. It is actually difficult for my to find pants to fit my specific waist-to-hip ratio, so the fit of these pants has me over the moon! I would say they are true to size.


The thighs of the pants are a little tighter than most wide-leg pants out there, but they are still obviously much looser than a normal pair of pants. I sometimes struggle to find pants to fit my thighs (again, waist-to-hip ratio problems), but had no such problem at all with these.

To conclude, I do love these. They are something very different on me, and they tick all the right boxes and even make my booty look good!


This top, by the way, is the Cherrybomb Top from Hardley Dangerous Couture. Whilst the fit is similar to the Cherrybomb Dress by the same brand, and therefore a full review isn't needed, I will give it a quick note. The top can be worn either criss-cross or halter style, and is super long - making it perfect for outfits like this where you need your top to stay firmly tucked into your pants! It's also appropriately clingy in the right places, and I can't stress enough how much I love the material Hardley Dangerous Couture uses. It is available in an endless supply of colours and can be purchased here.







Tiny personal update: After a few weeks break, University is back in full swing. I think I needed a longer break, as I am having trouble focussing this term. I may want to do an Honours year, and am taking some second level subjects this term. This means I need to get a HD (the highest grade available, for my Americans) in order to undertake an Honours year. I think between two big birthdays within a month of each other, Aurora turning one and becoming a walker, and the million things I have to catch up on in between work, I'm still recovering. I'm not quite ready to give up my bubble baths and Netfix binges just yet, but come next week I am giving myself a kick in the booty and doing it anyway.

Thank you so much for reading! This little blog is actually steadily growing, and I am beyond thankful that you take the time out of your day to read my reviews and ramblings :)

xo, Miss Betty Doll
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig